About Freshwater Pearls
All our Pearls are natural freshwater cultured pearls that are grown inside the triangle shell mussel (Hyriopsis cumingii), A 2-7 year process! Although some Pearl shapes only take 8 months to a year to grow!
- Freshwater pearls are unique in that they are the ONLY tissue-nucleated cultured pearl in the world.
- Our Freshwater pearls have an excellent luster; very sharp with high rate of reflection.
- Freshwater pearls can be round or irregular in their shapes and exhibit unusual colors.
- Low Blemish rates less than 20% on each pearl surface.
- Slight egg or oval-ish shape to some of the pearls upon close inspection.
- New, intense colors and metallic overtones make the Freshwater Pearl a trendy and colorful way to wear a timeless classic with a modern twist.
- True round-shaped Freshwater pearls, while a major goal of pearl farmers everywhere, remain a tiny percentage of each yearly harvest – less than 3% - and are a MAJOR factor in determining a pearl’s overall quality grade.
- New and improved color treatments are creating very unique and wonderful hues to suit anyones taste.
If you're looking for pearls at an outstanding value, Freshwater pearls are the perfect gift.